Thursday, June 7, 2007

Knocked Up

Like everyone else, I saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of Judd Apatow's writing and the emergence of Steve Carell as a full-fledged movie star. While I had been familiar with Steve Carell's career for some time due to his stint on "The Daily Show" I was not really very familiar with Judd Apatow. Fast forwarding to last weekend, I saw what has to be the funniest movie of the year. Filled with great characters, hilarious jokes, gross sight gags, and a sweet story, Knocked Up was far better than I anticipated it would be. As a result, I began to look up the rest of Mr. Apatow's work. Luckily, he had worked extensively with Seth Rogen before making this movie on both "Freaks & Geeks" and "Undeclared." So far I have watched about half of the episodes of "Undeclared" and have been terribly impressed. I am looking forward to "Superbad" so superbadly (uuunnnggghhhh….) I just can't deal with myself.

No comments: